As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases
best cordless saw for cutting tree branches are the most versatile design tools that are multi-functional for homeowners.
When it comes to pruning and trimming tree branches, there will be a need for the best tool. If you’re thinking about a chainsaw and a hand saw, let me clear to you that they are heavyweight tools and not so easy to use. So the most recommended tool is the best cordless saw for cutting tree branches.
As we know, there is always a need for cutting, trimming, and pruning of tree branches. So here, the handiest tools that can quickly make your work more accessible are the best cordless tools. However, there are multiple types, weights, and lengths devices available in the market. So to find the best one for you, we narrow down the choice here. We compiled a list of the 10 best cordless saws for cutting tree branches.
Let’s look at our best-recommended list, and after that, we will go further with a detailed review of each product.
- Best cordless saw with auto tension-Worx WG322.9 20V Power Share Cordless 10-inch Chainsaw with Auto-Tension, Bare Tool Only
- Best saw with multiple position blade clamp-DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Reciprocating Saw Kit (DCS380P1)
- Best saw for outdoor tree branches-Greenworks 40V 14-inch Cordless Chainsaw
- Best cordless trimmer for bushes-Greenworks 40V 20-Inch Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer, 2.0 AH Battery Included, 22272
- Best cordless pole saw 40421 40V Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Pole Saw, 10
- Best reciprocating saw kit-BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Reciprocating
- Best convertible saw from jigsaw to reciprocating saw-WORX WX550L Axis Convertible Jigsaw To Reciprocating Saw with Orbital Mode
- Best mini reciprocating saw-Galax Pro Compact reciprocating saw
- Best compact pocket reciprocating saw-BOSCH 12-Volt axe pocket reciprocating saw
- Best brushless with lithium-ion battery-Makita XRJ05Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Recipro Saw
How do you cut tree branches with a saw?
First of all, you pick the right blade for cutting a particular type of branch. Choose the blade between 6 inches to 12 inches. If the branches that have to be cut are 8 inches, you have to pick 10 inches Blade attached to the device in the parallel position.
After that, you have to make some adjustments to the shoe. The shoe is part of a reciprocating saw, and its adjustment depends on how deep you want to cut and how straight cutting is required.
There is a blade clamp equipped with every reciprocating saw. Its purpose is to hold the blade in the correct position. Otherwise, if you cannot hot, this clam cutting is maybe done irregularly.
After that, you have to start cutting. For the cutting process, you have to start from the collar of the tree. Because the collar of the tree is the most accessible edge to start and quick pruning.
Table of Contents
If you need power and you don’t want any smoke around, Worx WG 322.9 is for you. Juicing up with a 20 V battery, this saw is quite powerful and fast. It comes with a 10-inch chainsaw which is effective in cutting branches and even logs. Features like auto-chain tension and auto-chain lubrication make it easier to use, and you are left with less to do.
There is an indicator to check the oil level, so you know when it needs a refill. One of the most exciting features is its weight because this thing only weighs 6.2 lb. So it’s super lightweight and easy to carry around and even up onto a tree. It has a breakneck chain speed of 12.5 ft/s.
- It is cordless, so you don’t have to worry about the wires and stuff when you are high up on a tree.
- The auto-chain tension feature of the chain makes it easy to use and decreases a broken chain’s chances.
- Auto-chain lubrication saves your time and effort, making it more efficient.
- Fast chain speed up to 12.5 ft/s allows you to cut logs and branches easily.
- Oil indicator helps you to keep track of the oil.
- Compact design. It has an excellent compact design. The battery is removable, but other than that; it’s a nice single unit.
- Lightweight, only 6.2 lb, this thing is super easy to carry around and work with.
- Fast chain-speed
- Auto-chain tension
- It comes without a battery.
DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Reciprocating Saw Kit provides you up to 3000 strokes per minute and a variable speed trigger for you to use it according to your task.1-1/8″ stroke length for cutting the wood quickly. It comes with a keyless 4-position blade clamp which comes in handy when changing the blades. Moreover, it also makes it easier to adjust the blade’s position, hence increasing the life of the blade.
The shaft is sealed with oil, thus reducing the chance of contamination and increasing durability. It runs on a 20 V lithium ions battery and produces about 1400 lb/in torque. The battery pack also comes with the kit, so you don’t have to figure that out. With a full charge, the battery can last up to 24 hours.
- It’s cordless, so you don’t have to mess around with wires.
- A keyless lever-action 4-position blade clamp is there to make changing the blade much more accessible.
- A 20-volt battery provides around 400 watts of power for the kit.
- An adjustable shoe allows you to control the depth of the cut.
- Delivering up to 3000 strokes per minute, this saw can cut through some tough wood.
- The shaft is sealed with oil to eliminate any chances of contamination.
- 4- position blade clamp
- Adjustable Shoe
- Long battery life
- Do not have a long blade, so it cannot cut big branches or logs.
If you are looking for something that works well in garden trims and suitable for slicing through big wooden blocks. This GreenWorks 40 V 14-inch cordless chainsaw will work for you. As the name suggests, it comes with a 14-inch chain that is manually tensioned. A brushless motor and a chain brake. The chain is equipped with metal bucking spikes, and there is a rubber molded grip to provide you comfort while working in challenging situations. Lubrication(oiling) is automatic, so you don’t have to worry about that. It juices up on 40 volts 2Ah battery which won’t let you down in the middle of that intensive work period. The weight of the equipment is about 9.8 lb which is not that much for a professional tool. It can work as a perfect replacement for heavy kickstart gasoline chainsaws.
- 14 inch manually tensioned chain, which is excellent for cutting little branches as well as big logs.
- Brushless motor and a chain brake to provide safety.
- A powerful 40 volts 2Ah battery will last up to 60 cuts with a full charge.
- Automatic lubrication reduces your headache and saves your energy.
- Big battery ( up to 60 cuts)
- Brushless motor
- Manual tensioned chain.
Whether you want to clean the grass banks of your beautiful lake on your farm or wanna trim the hedges looking to create a mess, this GreenWorks 20-inch pole hedge trimmer is going to work best for you. It has a 20-inch dual-action steel blade which is solid and durable. Its shaft can extend up to 6.5 feet so that it won’t have any problems regarding reach.
With the cutting capacity of 5/8-inches, it will trim through most bushes and hedges easily. You can cut at multiple angles with the help of pivoting head adjustment at three different positions. This tool gets power from a 2.0 Ah 40 V battery which is also included with the trimmer. This trimmer weighs about 9.6 pounds, and the battery will last you up to half an hour of work time.
- This trimmer is made to reach long, so it can extend up to 6.5, giving you more reach.
- 20-inch steel blades are tough and durable.
- Pivoting heads can adjust the blades so you can trim at four different angles and allow you to design different patterns with your hedges.
- 40 V and 2Ah battery gives it enough power and juice to shape your backyard.
- With about 9.6 pounds of weight and excellent reachability, this tool is lightweight in that manner.
- Steel blades
- 4 different cutting angles
- Nice reachability
- Not suitable for rigid branches
Power with reachability, this is what this WEN 40421 40 V max pole saw is all about. With a telescoping shaft that extends somewhere from 7.1 to all 10 feet long, this saw provides some profound reach. It can offer you over 14 feet of overhead space. And the head can be tilted up to 30 degrees in each direction. It works with 2Ah and 4Ah 40 Volts batteries and can deliver the work time of up to 30 minutes, but with the fast charging, you can charge up your 2Ah battery in less than an hour.
It comes with a tool-free chain adjustment system so spend less time maintaining the device and more getting the job done. An automatic lubrication system keeps away from getting your hands dirty. And a brushless motor maximizes the efficiency of the saw. The 10-inch saw is powerful enough to slice off some big branches and tough wood.
- More than 14 feet overhead reach makes this pole one the best in the business.
- Saw can pivot about 30 degrees on both sides so you can cut off branches as you like and don’t let them creep into the neighbor’s house.
- Its cordless operation provides you with the freedom and mobility to move around and don’t worry about wires.
- Tool-free chain cleaning keeps your hands from getting dirty.
- Auto-lubrication allows you to focus on the job rather than the device.
- Power complete motor produces 4800 Rpm, which is enough to get the job done.
- Nice reach
- 60-degree pivot angle
- Powerful motor
- The battery does not last that long
Here we have the best cordless reciprocating saw with variable speed options. It is a lightweight and very easy to use tool that comes with maximum power. It is a versatile design cordless saw that will easily cut different kinds of materials. It can cut plaster, wood, nails, fiberglass, rubber composite, and plastic, etc.
For the best maneuverability, the product has a very portable design, and you can quickly move it from one place to another. The device has a powerful motor of 20v and has a lithium-ion battery system. Moreover, there is an electric brake that can quickly stop on a dime. You can cut through the most challenging material. The device only needs 20v as a maximum initial battery voltage.
- Black and decker reciprocating saw that has a 20v maximum PowerConnect.
- It has a lithium-ion battery that is quite durable, and the battery timing is good.
- The saw has a variable speed trigger that will give you maximum control of the device.
- The electric brake will enhance the control and improve the control and the blade’s safety.
- You can easily change the blades with a tool-free blade change system.
- The pivoting blade will increase the control while adjusting the angle.
- Lithium on battery
- Quick change blade
- Variable speed trigger
- Not for heavy-duty work
This is an upgraded saw power control that makes your work easy. Its easy grip and lightweight quality wouldn’t let your hand hurt. Moreover, the control and features of this saw letting you do your work with perfection,
The grip eliminates vibration so that you can perform your work very smoothly. The rpm goes to 3000 and ¾ inches length of the stroke, allowing you to cut 2 inches of wood or PVC correctly. Additionally, the saw has also featured a safety switch lock so that it restricts the accidental start that may cause serious injury.
- There is no tool needed for changing the blade, just by pushing the lever and changing the blade safely.
- Cordless and lightweight quality will allow you to work indoor and outdoor without any hassle.
- It is featured with a dust blower that will throw the debris and dust away and enhance your object’s clearer picture.
- It is compatible with the t.shank and standard reciprocating saw blades to cut your desired material.
- Its power and great power help you cut multiple materials such as ceramic tiles, aluminum, PVC, fiberglass, copper, thin steel, and wood.
- Built-in blower
- Cordless power tool
- Dual angle saw
- Shorter wire of the charger.
Here we have the best compact reciprocating saw that offers maximum cutting capacity. The Galax pro reciprocating saw offers 3000 strokes per minute and a cutting capacity of 4 ½ inches. The reciprocating saw has 600w power, and the blade of the material is HCS.
The reciprocating saw is suitable for cutting softer building materials like it can cut plasterboard and wood. Moreover, the device has an electronic speed controller that can enable sensitive adjustments at different angles. Furthermore, you can quickly change the blade of the saw with a tool-free system. The saw has a rear motor, and the machine offers a good balance. The ergonomic handle will make it easy for your hands.
- Lock-on switch for the perfect hand-free option. You can lock it at maximum speed, and your device will work efficiently and continuously.
- Metal pilot shoe
- The removal and installation of the blade are tool-free.
- Ergonomic soft grip, and it has a more oversized trigger.
- Versatile reciprocating saw that can cut through different kinds of materials.
- The cutting capacity is 4 ½, and the stroke length of the blade is ½
- The voltage of the device uses 120V/60Hz.
- Best compact saw
- 3000 strokes per minute
- 4 ½ cutting capacity
- Some customers have complaints about the coating of blades.
Here we have a Bosch pocket reciprocating saw that has an easy and efficient operation. The device is best for different kinds of materials like masonry, metal, and wood. The device has a super-efficient battery that will make you work faster. The saw motor provides an SPM of 3000 to increase the productivity and power of the tool.
The tool is best for heavy-duty work as the battery supports continuous work. Moreover, the device has a very soft-grip that will make it easy to carry in hand and work for a longer time without tiring your arms. The machine has pivoting feet that will increase the stability of the device for efficient working hours.
- Compact design BOSCH reciprocating saw that is perfect for tight spaces and also for one-handed use.
- The machine s durable enough to cut a different kind of materials
- The device has a motor brake that is for safer and more accurate work.
- The machine has a complete protection system that will protect it from overloading and overheating.
- Electronic cell protection offers a longer run time and longer life.
- Durable design and minimum vibrations.
- Led light to work in the dark.
- Durable design
- Led light
- Efficient and compact
- It is challenging to remove the battery of the saw
Matika is a famous power tool company. They are specialists in making power tools with brushless motors. Moreover, it will provide the power tools with innovative lithium-ion batteries.
This XRJ05Z comes with great features that will allow you to do your tasks professionally. Moreover, the stroke length is one ¼ that is enough for cutting 2-inch material. Also featured with the crank mechanism that reduces the vibration and helps to do your work smoothly. There is a built-in LED light that will turn on when you push the trigger.
- Comes with two variable speed controls that allow it to work with high precision.
- The tool-free method of changing the blade will save your time and enhance productivity.
- In this powerful tool, star protection technology is used, monitoring and overloading and providing more safety.
- For precise cutting, it has a built-in LED and retractable hook.
- Cordless and lightweight power tools are best for indoor and outdoor tasks.
- Star protection technology
- Brushless motor technology
- Lithium-ion battery
- The battery and charger are not included with the product.
Now, you need to look for different aspects for the purchase of the best cordless saw for cutting tree branches. For instance, there are different kinds of materials, weight sizes, and types available in the market. So if you are confused about all these options, you need to read our buying guide for the best cordless saw for cutting tree branches.
The first that we will mention to you to check is the length of the saw. If your yard has less height trees, there is no need to have a lengthier reciprocating saw. However, if you have some large trees, it will be good to choose the length of the aw between medium to large.
The reason for our recommendation is that a small or a considerable length can cause trouble in your work. So always go with a moderate option.
Remember, you will work manually with your reciprocating saw, so it should be a lightweight device. In my opinion, you should know here how much weight you can easily carry. If you have high stamina, then you can pick a heavyweight machine also. However, if you don’t want a machine that offers heavyweight, then there is the option of a lightweight reciprocating saw for cutting tree branches.
The ideal weight for a saw is between 10 to 12 lbs. There are many brands like GreenWorks or black and decker that offer very lightweight reciprocating saws. Here, the choice is all yours, and you can choose what you think is best for you.
Corded or cordless:
If you are confused between corded and cordless, then we will recommend a cordless reciprocating saw. A cordless saw is best if you are a person who has a small yard or a medium yard. You can charge a cordless saw and can quickly work with cutting and trimming of tree branches for maximum time. Moreover, if you don’t want any wires tangling, we will recommend the best cordless reciprocating saw.
Another thing that we will recommend you to check is the warranty of the saw. A warranty is the best way to determine the durability and reliability of the brand. Here you will spend a good amount of money on a saw then it is good to look at the duration of the warranty.
In my opinion, it would be best if you buy a saw that offers a four-year tool warranty and a minimum of two years battery warranty.
The other thing that you need to check is the budget of the saw. You can get the best quality tool saw between $100 to $250 quickly. So just make a budget, and there are a variety of affordable reciprocating saws that offer maximum efficiency and functionality.
- There is a modern power tool that is a reciprocating saw. Reciprocating saw is the most authentic and productive tool that provides you to cut your tree branches effortlessly. It’s built with a versatile material. Additionally, it has more safety features as compared to the chainsaw.
Moreover, it is compatible with different kinds of blades. And blades are installed and removed without using any tool.
- No, pruning the trees enhances the growth of the tree. Also, by pruning the tree, you can protect the tree from pests and any severe disease. If you cut the branches incorrectly, that may be harmful to the tree.
Moreover, if you never prune for a long time, it will cause stress on the tree by the irregular branches’ weight. For this reason, the tree will probably die.
- Here you should know, if you make a wrong cut, it can just simply kill your tree. So it is always recommended to cut trees properly. For instance, here we are to explain a proper method of cutting tree branches.
- The first step to cut the limb of a tree is to make a half cut. With your saw, make a half-cut that is 2 to 3 feet away from the trunk.
- No, make a relief cut; that will be little ways from the leaf cut. This is the best method to cut tree branches with a reciprocating saw.
- As we know, it’s not easy to take professional help every time for the maintenance of our yards. So the best thing is to do it by yourself in your spare time. Now, if you are planning to trim your yard tree branches, then here are few guidelines.
- First of all, trim all the bushes and suckers that are around the base of your trunk.
- Cut off all the dying and dead branches.
- Now, it’s time to prune out all the hazardous and unwanted branches from your yard.
- Also, remove any weak or damaged branches.
- Trim all the overlapping branches.
- To help in the healing process of the callus, there are certain sprays. For instance, there is a pruning paint that can heal the operation of the cutting of branches. These products usually make sure there will be less loss of sap. There is the use of asphalt and also petroleum-based ingredients in the formation of these products. However, if you don’t want artificial sealers, then there are natural ones also. The natural sealers are usually made with aloe vera gel and collagen.
- Yes, if you will appropriately make the pruning process, the branches will grow back again. Proper cutting and trimming of trees make them more beautiful and encourage healthy growth. So if you are using an appropriate cutting method, don’t worry about your tree’s growth.
Today we all cover the best cordless reciprocating saw for cutting tree branches. But believe me, reciprocating saws are not only about cutting and trimming tree branches simply. A reciprocating saw is a versatile tool that is super beneficial for maintaining your yard and the little tasks of your home. A best reciprocating saw comes with a design that can cut through different kinds of materials.
For instance, if you just have a look at our list, you will find the best cordless saws that are multi-functional. You can use them for cutting different kinds of materials around your home. So it is always a good idea to invest in a reciprocating saw. So we will encourage you to pick the best tool from our recommended list and enjoy a more leisurely life in your daily home tasks.